Friday, October 09, 2009

Weekends with Ellie



I love weekends with my daughter. Every Sunday (or Friday if Leigh and I switch nights), I get to spend the entire day with her, doing whatever we please. So far today, we've cleaned my room, done puzzles, watched Nightmare Before Christmas and emptied the toy box looking for missing puzzle pieces (we found all but one, for the record.) And, while Ellie is peacefully slumbering away upstairs, I've taken the opportunity to pluck my eyebrows and hunt for zucchini bread recipes.

When she wakes from her nap, we'll probably have a snack and then try out the new paint brushes I got yesterday - maybe whip out the construction paper and elmer's glue, too.

And I love these days, the "home-body" quality, the freedom to do whatever we want, the snuggles and kisses, the amazing stories my toddler can weave (listening to her vocabulary evolve is amazing in itself), the delicious meals we make, the way everything happens and nothing really gets done. It's bliss.